School of Basic & Applied Sciences Back
B.Sc (Hons.) Forensic Science
Forensic science is primarily concerned with the application of scientific principles for the investigation of crime. Using the very latest in technology, forensic scientists convert the clues collected from a crime scene into evidence admissible in a court of law. It is the use or application of science in courts or legal proceedings. This is a challenging and interesting field for those who have are inquisitive and loves adventure.
The objective of this course in B.Sc. Forensic Science is to create professionals who will apply their knowledge, in an essentially crime laboratory-based profession, to the investigation of crime. But the expertise of a forensic professional is also used in civil cases for issues like proving the validity of a signature on a will, to a claim of the products liability, to find out whether an industry is complying with environmental rules.
- Duration - 3 years
XII with Science with minimum 50% marks.
- Public Forensic Science Laboratories as Medical Examiner, Laboratory Analyst
- Banks and Insurance Agencies: HSBC, CITI Bank, ICICIC, HDFC etc
- Detective and Security Agencies like Secret Watch Detective, Top Secret Detective Agency
- Pharmaceutical Companies: Dr. Reddy’s, Pfizer, GSK, CIPLA, Novartis etc
- Testing Laboratories: DTH, SRL Ranbaxy