School of Nursing Back
By choosing BSc Nursing course you will be taking the first step towards a career in nursing. You will be entering a registered graduate profession with the potential for future career opportunities at local, regional, national and international levels.
Nurses work with old and young adults with diverse health conditions, both chronic and acute, within both hospital and community settings. An essential part of the role is the promotion of health through education, the prevention of disease and the care, sustenance and rehabilitation of adults undergoing diagnostic and therapeutic regimes.
What do nurses do? In the hospital, being a nurse will require you to work in surgical departments, operating departments, medical departments and in the intensive or high dependency care areas.
Nurses can be found working in many different areas of the community. Community nursing teams provide high quality professional care to the large number of patients cared for in their own home. Practice nurses are part of the team at the local GP surgery. Nurses also work in industry and commerce, providing health screening and support for the workforce.
We believe that every individual should receive high quality nursing care that promotes health and well-being, and provides support when health is compromised. Our degree nursing course will promote your strengths and aspirations to become a registered nurse who can deliver and co-ordinate evidence based essential care, work in partnership with inter-professional health and social teams, voluntary agencies, community groups, statutory organisations, service users, carers and significant others, and lead and respond to the changing health care system.
Our nursing course will require you to work with inter-professional teams in these settings to become competent at the skills and knowledge required to deliver high quality nursing care. You will also be required to successfully undertake and practice a range of theoretical assessments.
At GALGOTIAS SCHOOL OF NURSING the students go through practical hand on training at hospitals in the region. Students who have graduated from our Institute are working in several major hospitals in INDIA AND ABROAD
The course BSc Nursing broadly lays emphasis on the following key areas:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- First Aid
- Personal Hygiene
- Community Health Nursing-I
- Environmental Hygiene
- Health Education and Communication Skills
- Nutrition & Biochemistry
- Medical Surgical Nursing – I
- Medical Surgical Nursing – II
- Mental Health and Psychiatric Nursing
- Computers in Nursing
- Midwifery and Gynecological Nursing
- Gynecological Nursing
- Community Health Nursing –II
- Paedatric Nursing
- Management in nursing and education
- Research and statistics
XII with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English with minimum 50% aggregate marks
The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years
|Clinical Training Fees||25,000|
Programme Education Objectives (PEOs)
B.Sc. nursing students after obtaining graduation degree in nursing will be able to achieve the following objectives after few years of their professional career:
- PEO 1: Have a successful career in nursing education, nursing service and innovative research and assume responsibilities as professional, competent nurses to provide preventive, promotive, curative and rehabilitative services in line with the National Health goals to all the section of the society at all levels by utilizing evidence based Nursing practice.
- PEO 2: Utilize latest trends and emerging technologies and demonstrate critical thinking skills in making decisions in all situations in order to provide quality and safe patient care.
- PEO 3: Demonstrate leadership and managerial skills and participate effectively as members of the health team in the delivery of health care in hospital and community setting.
- PEO 4: Practice within the framework of code of ethics and professional conduct and acceptable standards of practice within the legal boundaries of profession.
- PEO 5: Communicate effectively with individuals, groups and multidisciplinary team in order to promote effective interpersonal relationship and team work towards advancement of self, profession and nation.
- PEO 6: Able to perform in global work environment and adapt their values and culture.
- PEO 7: Capable of conducting research in nursing education, nursing service and community health nursing in order to provide evidence based nursing care.
- PEO 8: Capable of achieving higher career ladder by acquiring higher education in nursing to occupy higher position and status in nursing education, nursing research, nursing administration and nursing service.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
On completion of the four years B.Sc. Nursing programme the graduates will be able to:
- Engage in advance nursing practice based on the integration of knowledge from nursing, physical, biological, behavioral, humanity sciences including alternative system of medicine and ethical principles and professional code of conduct.
- Demonstrate understanding of life cycle and other factors which effect health of individuals and groups.
- Provide nursing care based on steps of nursing process in collaboration with the individuals and groups.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills in making decision in all situations in order to provide safe quality patient care.
- Utilize health information system and state of art advanced technologies and simulation labs to support lifelong learning, ensure safe practice environment, optimize health care outcomes and promote patient self management in his daily activities.
- Provide promotive, preventive, curative and restorative health services in line with the national health policies and programmes.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary health team and communicate effectively with individuals and groups, and members of the health team in order to promote effective interpersonal relationship and team work in order to achieve better health outcomes of the people.
- Demonstrate leadership and managerial skills in nursing education, practice and innovative research to improve health care quality, safety and better patient outcome.
- Design and apply culturally responsive patient centered, evidence based activities for health improvement of population in order to promote socio economic development of nation.
- Provide population focus care incorporating the concept of health promotion, disease and injury prevention in all the settings of health care delivery system.
- Participate in advancement of profession by attending continuing education program, conducting workshop, attending national and international nursing conferences pursue further professional advanced studies and engage in lifelong learning.
- Conduct need based research studies in nursing education, nursing service and community health nursing and utilize the findings in providing evidence based nursing care in the hospital and community setting.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
Upon graduation, students will be able to:
- Assess and identify the health needs and problems of adopted community in rural India and plan, organize and implement health education/awareness programs for upliftment of underprivileged and vulnerable groups of society as a part of National development activities.
- Demonstrate some of the basic procedures, basic life support and advanced life support training to all the faculties, students and responsible members of the community by using a state of art advanced simulation laboratories and CPR simulator models.
- Participate in National heath programmes, disaster management, epidemic outbreak or any emergency event in the country.