School of Finance & Commerce Back
The Current Syllabus of B.Com (Hons) is well Structured and designed in a very latest and comprehensive way and is fairly comparable with B.Com (Hons) syllabus of any University /Institute of world class Standard in India and abroad. It has in all 52 Courses consisting of 32 compulsory and 20 Specialized elective courses contained in 10 groups of two each. A student will be required to study 32 compulsory courses and any two elective groups of his choice spreading over six semesters in a span of three years. The course consist of nine compulsory courses and one elective group in accounting, two compulsory courses and three electives groups in finance , two compulsory and one elective group in tax, two compulsory courses in law , two compulsory courses in Quantitative Techniques – Business Statistics and Business Mathematics , three courses in economics , four courses in management and environment, one compulsory course and one elective group in computer and information technology, one compulsory course and two elective group in marketing, one compulsory course and one elective group in Human Resource Management, two courses relating to Communicative English and Business Communication , one elective group on Entrepreneurship and Family Business Management, one course each in Corporate Responsibility and Business ethics and International Business and Industry Internship of 30 days work Experience in a Business/ Industrial Organization
XII with minimum 60% marks in best four relevant subjects
Mathematics/Commerce as a subject in XII level
The Indian Economy is undergoing a great transformation in terms of Economic Development, emergence of growth of Multinational Corporation, involvement of Government Sector in Economic Operations , social responsibility awareness , liberalization, privatization and globalization. These developments in domestic as well as global economy have greatly enhanced the demand for Commerce and Business professionals . As such, B.Com (Honours) has emerged as highly desirable and significant programme to meet the requirements of professional and decision makers in business and corporate sector of the economy. At the same time, it is also imperative for the Universities and Institutions to update , redesign and restructure course structures and contents of the syallbai of the programme with a view to equip the students with the skills , knowledge , methodology and techniques in enriching their career in complex business and economic environment.
School of Finance and Commerce of Galgotias University has taken a lead in this direction by designing the current B.Com(Hons.) syllabus involving eminent experts of Commerce and Business drawn from reputed Universities , Industries and Research organizations.
After having graduated in Commerce under this programme , a student has multiple avenues in the area of employment, pursuing professional programmes such as Chartered Accountancy, Company Secretaryship, CMA/ICWA, MBA , M.Com ,etc. and other equivalent post graduate programmes.A student wishing to join the employment has many career options in banks, insurance company, Stock market analyst, Civil services, etc.
Some of the specific positions are given below:
|Accounts assistant||Assistant accountant|
|Bank Assistant||Insurance Agent|
|Executive Trainee||Stock Broking Asst.|
|KPO Executive||BPO Executive|
|Audit assistant||Office Assistant|
|Taxation assistant||Derivatives and stocks trading trainee|
To be one among the best known finance and commerce schools for value based education trans-disciplinary research and innovation.
- Nurture young professionals by providing strong fundamentals in accounting, auditing and finance through effective pedagogues.
- Develop solutions for seamless integration with global financial systems.
- Inspire learners to apply financial risk management and analytical skills to real world issues.
- Inspire, enable, empower aspirants to become innovative industry ready leaders in the World of Finance and Commerce.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
On completing this course
- PEO 1: Graduates will have deep understanding of the Commerce Discipline
- PEO 2: Graduates will be able to join professional career in the fields of Commerce and Business in private as well as Govt. owned institutions of repute.
- PEO 3: Graduates will be able to pursue further studies in higher professional and academic programs in the stream of Commerce and Business effectively.
- PEO 4: Graduates will be informed and involved members of their communities as well as ethical and socially responsible professionals.
- PEO 5: Graduate will identify and analyze problems, develop viable alternatives, and make effective decisions through analytical and reflective thinking.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- PO1: Accounting and Financial Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of Accounting and Finance to solve real business problems.
- PO2: Critical Thinking: Take informed actions after identifying the assumptions that frame our thinking and actions, checking out the degree to which these assumptions are accurate and valid, and looking at our ideas and decisions (intellectual, organizational, and personal) from different perspectives.
- PO3: Effective Communication: Speak, read, write and listen clearly in person and through electronic media in English and in one Indian language, and make meaning of the world by connecting people, ideas, books, media and technology.
- PO4: Social Interaction: Elicit views of others, mediate disagreements and help reach conclusions in group settings.
- PO5: Effective Citizenship: Demonstrate empathetic social concern and equity centered national development, and the ability to act with an informed awareness of issues and participate in civic life through volunteering.
- PO6: Ethics: Recognize different value systems including your own, understand the moral dimensions of your decisions, and accept responsibility for them.
- PO7: Environment and Sustainability: Understand the issues of environmental contexts and sustainable development.
- PO8: Self-directed and Life-long Learning: Acquire the ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context socio-technological changes.