School of Finance & Commerce Back
B.Com (Hons.) International Accounting and Finance
The ACCA is a chartered body of the UK established in 1904 and has a history of 114 years of professional existence. The accounting pillar of ACCA is entirely based on the IFRS which is now compulsory in India through Ind AS. This provides opportunity for the students as the demand for Ind AS skills far exceed the supply.The ACCA qualification is recognised in over 185 countries which makes it very much globally acceptable.
Galgotias University has an academic association with ACCA, UK. The syllabus has been designed collectively with three levels of learning viz. (a) Knowledge & Comprehension, (b) Application skills and (c) Professional skills.The syllabus aims at building skill-oriented learning rather than knowledge-based learning which increases employability of the learners.
As part of the program, 9 specialized exams have been included in the B.Com. (Hons.) course and credit structure from ACCA syllabus. A student will be eligible for ACCA qualification examination if he/she has taken these courses at the university. A student will be exempted from appearing in 6 (Six) courses and would only be required to appear in three courses for ACCA qualification. On completion of the courses 1 to 9, students are awarded the Advanced Diploma In Accounting & Business from ACCA UK on completion of their 3rd year B.Com degree.
XII with minimum 60% marks in best four relevant subjects
Mathematics/Commerce as a subject in XII level
ACCA professional qualification covers all areas of business, from financial statements, management accounting, business taxation, law to audit and also professional business ethics. ACCA has around 8500 approved employers who prefer recruiting ACCA qualified students. In India, industry acceptance of the qualification has increased multi-fold. Big firms like KPMG, EY, PWC, Deloitte etc. recruit in larger number at good salary packages.
B.Com. (Hons.) International Accounting and Finance, with ACCA UK, qualified graduates can find careers in General Finance, Taxation, Corporate Finance, International Accounting, Business Valuation, Risk Management and Financial Reporting & Analysis. Further students can also opt for the BSc degree in Applied Accounting from Oxford-Brookes University, London. At the end of the program a student will have knowledge and understanding of finance and accounting systems including IFRS and GAAP. They will also acquire ACCA, UK certification, recognised by member states of the European Union and the United Nations.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- The objective of the B.Com. (Hons) -International Accounting and Finance program is to prepare students to have a deep understanding of the Commerce Discipline and Internationally prevalent Accounting Standards and Financial theories & concepts.
- For having an overall foundation about business they would be well trained in other areas of business and management also, such as marketing, HR, information technology, insurance and banking, etc.
- The program will also equip the students with techniques, skills and knowledge to pursue further studies in higher professional and academic programs in business and management effectively.
- The course would focus on communication and analytical skills and a problem solving approach.
- The program is aimed at producing ethical and socially responsible professionals who would be successful in their careers.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- Identify appropriate International accounting and International financial data needed to support a business decision.
- Analyze accounting and financial data to support a recommended business decision
- Identify and formulate business problems across the globe
- Generate alternative solutions to business problems
- Analyze alternatives using quantitative and qualitative methods
- Recommend a solution to the problem based on analysis
- Identify and assess business opportunities in International business contexts
- Suggest ways to take advantage of the business opportunities
- Produce professional quality business reports (written communication)
- Deliver quality presentations (oral communication)