School of Finance & Commerce Back
International Accounting & Finance
About the Program:: This specialization of B.Com (Hons.) is offered in with collaboration ACCA, UK. As part of the specialization, nine specialized exams corresponding to the ACCA curriculum have been included. A student will be eligible for the ACCA qualification examination if he/she has taken these courses at the university. Further, the student will be exempted from appearing in six courses and would only be required to appear in three courses for ACCA qualification. On completion of the courses 1 to 9 (i.e. on completion of their third-year degree), students are provided with the Advanced Diploma In Accounting & Business from ACCA UK.
Objectives of the Course
- To develop professional knowledge and skills in international Accounting, Finance, Auditing, Taxation, Risk Management etc. by adopting learner centered pedagogical practices.
- To provide business-relevant, first-choice qualifications to people of application, ability and ambition around the world who seek a rewarding career in accountancy, finance and management.
- The course has unparalleled focus on inculcating ethics, integrity and corporate values.
- The concepts are pragmatic in nature and the pedagogy aims at producing an outstanding and exemplary individual, in a personal and a professional way.
- Better employment prospects.
- In-depth knowledge of specialised finance/accounting subjects
- Students are entitled to get 6 papers Exemptions in ACCA out of 13 papers.
- Students get an opportunity to gain multiple qualifications along the way. Upon clearing 3 Fundamental Papers of ACCA students get and Advance Diploma in Accounting and Business from ACCA, UK;
- Provides blended learning
- Enhanced career opportunities in India and abroad.
- ACCA qualification is recognised in 180+ countries globally including India.
- The course is Cost-Effective and Flexible.
- Students can apply for over 500 Jobs with reputed companies at a minimum package of 4-6 lakhs per annum.
XII with minimum 60% marks in best four relevant subjects
Mathematics/Commerce as a subject in XII level
For Migration from Other Universities:
1) B.Com(Hons) Ist yr. minimum 60% marks or equivalent
2) 60% or above in best four relevant subjects at XII level
This specialization helps students in developing an understanding of the International Accounting Standards. IND-AS are already applicable in India. Business leaders are looking for people with conceptual and practical knowledge in this area. Further, the specialization aims to inculcate the requisite skills through offline and online classes, training, workshops, events, quiz competitions etc.
- Exemption of 6 papers out of 13 papers to qualify as an ACCA
- Students can become ACCA Affiliate after passing three more papers and become full-time ACCA members after mandatory three years of work experience.
- ACCA qualification is highly desired at large consulting firms like KPMG, EY, PwC, Deloitte, Bain, McKinsey etc.
- Opens opportunity to get admitted to universities throughout the world for MBA and other programs.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1: Graduates shall exhibit a deeper understanding of the Commerce Discipline and Internationally prevalent Accounting Standards and Financial theories & concepts.
- PEO2: Graduates shall be equipped with necessary techniques, skills and knowledge to pursue further higher studies in professional and academic programs in commerce and Finance
- PEO3: Graduates shall drive entrepreneurship initiatives on their own or within the organization in which they are employed
Program Outcomes (POs)
- PO 1: Accounting and Financial Knowledge Apply the knowledge of Accounting and Finance to solve real life business issues.
- PO 2: Financial Reporting and Compliance Understand the modalities related to Financial Reporting and compliance with Indian and International Accounting Standards.
- PO 3: Project Management and Finance Apply knowledge related to the field of finance in project management as an entrepreneur/a team member/a team leader to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO 4: IT and Statistical Tools Usage Select, and apply appropriate modern management & IT tools, techniques and resources including prediction & modelling to financial & Accounting activities.
- PO 5 The Managers and Society Apply the contextual knowledge to assess the issues related to society, health, safety, law, and culture pertaining to business management practices.
- PO 6: Ethics and Professional Integrity Imbibe professional ethics related to financial management practices.
- PO 7: Effective Communication and Soft Skills Communicate effectively with business community and with society at large.
- PO8: International Accounting Practices Develop and understanding of key international accounting practices and norms
- PO 9: Entrepreneurship Explore business problems from an entrepreneurial perspective
- PO10: Analysis and Interpretation Analyze and interpret quantitative and qualitative data for financial decision making
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
On completion of the program, the students will be able to:
- PSO 1: Identify, formulate, and analyze commercial and financial issues reaching validated conclusions based on globally available data and through specialized accounting software
- PSO 2: Comprehend the need, significance and methodology of Financial Reporting both in the domestic and global context