School of Liberal Education Back
B.A (Hons.) in English
The course deals with the study of literature in English across the world. It extensively teaches theories and writings. It not only deals with literature but also has papers in language so that students have wider options after graduation.
- Introduction to Poetry
- Introduction to Fiction & Drama
- British Literature: 1550-1750
- Major Author (and his age) , Shakespeare, Milton
- British Literature: 1750-1900
- English Language and Communication (Intermediate),
- British Literature: 20th Century
- History of Language, Linguistics
- Indian Writing in English
- American literature: 19th Century, Thematic Study, American literature: Criticism and Theory
XII with English with minimum 50% marks in best four relevant subjects
For Migration from Other Universities 1) B.A (Hons.) English Ist yr. minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale
2) 50% or above at XII level in Best Four relevant subjects with English
- Teachers & Trainers of English Language
- Media (Electronic and Print)
- Publishing Houses
- Competitive PSC exams.
- M1 Time relevant aims at forming a strong base for creating and supporting the analytic and creative thinking along with appropriate outlook.
- M2 Develop critical reflections through non coercive and participatory mode of teaching and learning, along with their practice and development. Avail and acquire appropriate infrastructure for the same.
- M3 Facilitate and encourage members to think globally and act locally along with development of a scientific enquiring mind without losing the human touch.
- M4 Develop distinct methodologies justifying the boundaries of different subjects within the school. Extend the competencies relevant to unique pedagogy which will be developed and put in use to sensitize and respect the plurality of approaches.
Programme Education Objectives
- PEO-1: The students will be able to complete a successful higher education, be an effective member of civil society.
- PEO-2: The student will be effectively and meaningfully engaged in helping the mankind by developing quality projects in different areas of English Language and Literature and contribute to cultural, linguistic and other developmental agencies in India and abroad.
Program Outcomes (PO)
- PO1: Students will apply the knowledge of English literature and language to analyze any text.
- PO2: Identify, examine and review literature critically.
- PO3: Evaluate the contributions of the writers in the field of language and literature.
- PO4: Understand the impact of social, political, cultural and literary movements, and linguistic trends.
- PO5: Empower the students to think critically and develop relevant discourses.
- PO6: Enable the students to relate to environment and its sustainability.
- PO7: Learn ethical principles through language and literature in a context sensitive perspective.
- PO8: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in diverse settings.
- PO9: Communicate effectively on complex issues with society at large and design documentation, and make effective presentations.
- PO10: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of literary and linguistic principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO11: Engage in life-long learning in the broadest sense in society and the world.
- PO12: Train students for career and advanced studies in a wide range of English or communication field.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- Engage in life-long learning in the broadest sense in society and the world.
- Train students for career and advanced studies in a wide range of English or communication field.