School of Liberal Education Back
B.A (Hons.) in Economics
This program deals with the study and application of economic theory and economic decision making. Exposure to different sectors (Industry, Agriculture, Services) through internships backed with dissertation papers builds the analytical capacity of the students. The program aims at producing successful and competent economic analysts who are ethically and socially responsible professionals with an inter-disciplinary orientation.
XII with Maths or Economics, with minimum 50% marks in best four relevant subjects
For Migration from Other Universities 1) BA (Hons.) Economics Ist yr. minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale
2) 50% or above at XII level in Best Four relevant subjects including Maths or Economics
The career prospects for economics graduates are many. Numerous fields are waiting for economic graduates both in the public as well as the private sectors. Some of those are listed here:
- Indian Economic Services,
- jobs in Reserve Bank of India,
- PSUs and other public sector banks
- Private banking
- Research analyst
- Business analyst
- M1 Time relevant aims at forming a strong base for creating and supporting the analytic and creative thinking along with appropriate outlook.
- M2 Develop critical reflections through non coercive and participatory mode of teaching and learning, along with their practice and development. Avail and acquire appropriate infrastructure for the same.
- M3 Facilitate and encourage members to think globally and act locally along with development of a scientific enquiring mind without losing the human touch.
- M4 Develop distinct methodologies justifying the boundaries of different subjects within the school. Extend the competencies relevant to unique pedagogy which will be developed and put in use to sensitize and respect the plurality of approaches.
Programme Education Objectives
- PEO-1: The graduates will be able to analyze and optimise economic concepts.
- PEO-2: The graduates will develop an ability to work efficiently as leader / team member with a holistic view.
- PEO-3: The graduates will generate a culture of lifelong learning to achieve personal enrichment and professional ethics.
- PEO-4: The graduates will be able to evaluate, analyze and optimise economic theories for design and development.
- PEO-5: The graduates will develop an ability to work efficiently as team leader.
- PEO-6: The graduates will generate a culture of lifelong learning in an inclined environment to achieve personal enrichment and professional ethics.
Program Outcomes (PO)
- PO1: Provide systematic knowledge of theory and its practices.
- PO2: Empower the students relate to economic resource management.
- PO3: Learning and understanding the various schools of economic thoughts.
- PO4: Understanding and enhancing the decision making process.
- PO5: Develop critical and analytical thinking.
- PO6: Engage in intellectual practices and active participation with practitioners.
- PO7: Readiness to face and deal with the vocational world.
- PO8: Understand the symbiotic relationship between economics and environment.
- PO9: Develop awareness of good practices for sustainable development.
- PO10: Empower and enhance the understanding of change and growth with a world view
- PO11: Inspire and encourage for futuristic education and development.
- PO12: Preparation for quality review and development of leadership skills for career and employbility.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- Inspire and encourage for futuristic education and development.
- Preparation for quality review and development of leadership skills for career and employbility.