School of Electrical, Electronics & Communication Engineering Back
B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering with specialization in Robotics & Automation
An Engineering programme which seamlessly articulates the concepts from basic science to technology with relevant practice through lab and projects for building the problem solving skills, keeping industry requirements in place for Design, Automation. The branch of Robotics and Automation involves design, development and operation of operation of Robotics and production / Assembly lines in Industries. The branch is a multi disciplinary one involving traditional branches like Electronics Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Computer science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering and advanced areas like Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. The millennial students, who are ready to challenge Artificial Super Intelligence and Cyber Physical Systems are welcome to join the program on Robotics and Automation to relish their dreams of developing COBOTS and interacting with machines.
- Analog / Digital Electronics
- Kinematics, statics and dynamics of robots
- Signals Processing
- Sensors and Actuators
- Electric drives and control
- Industrial Instrumentation
- Control Systems
- PLC & Data Acquisition
- Kinematics and Robotics
- Electro Mechanical Energy Conversion and DC Machines
- Programming Industrial Automation Systems
- Computer Aided Manufacturing
- Neural Network and Fuzzy System
- Relational Database Management System
- Digital System Design
- Computer Organization and Architecture
- Artificial Intelligence and Expert System
- Object Oriented Programming
- Design of Transmission Systems
- Modeling and Simulation
- Deep Learning
- Product Design and Development
- Machine and Mechanism
- Intelligent Instrumentation
- Materials Design
- Reverse Engineering
- Computer Vision
Minimum 60% marks in PCM in XIIth with minimum 40%ile or upto 5 Lakh rank in JEE Mains
Min. 60% marks in PCM in class XIIth (for Merit based admission)
For Lateral Entry:
Passed Diploma from AICTE approved institute in appropriate branch of engineering/technology with minimum 60% or 6.0 CGPA
B.Sc degree from a recognized university with at least 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA and passed XIIth standard with Mathematics as a subject.
For Migration from Other Universities:
1) B.E./B.Tech Ist year minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale
2) 65% PCM or above at XII level.
Robotics is a combination and overlaps many fields of Engineering including Electronics, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Automation, and Bio Engineering.
The following are the industries where an Automation & Robotics engineer can find work in:
Programme Education Objectives
- PEO-1: Graduates will demonstrate their professional knowledge in the field of Robotics, Automation and allied fields.
- PEO-2: The graduates will contribute to interdisciplinary research with the use of modern tools & emerging technologies.
- PEO-3: The graduates will become successful leaders through effective project management and contribute to the growth & development of the organization and society.
- PEO-4: The graduates will be involved in promoting professional and societal activities.
Program Specific Outcomes
- Robotic System Development : Apply the knowledge of Electronics, Sensors and Actuators in developing Robotic systems for the real time applications.
- Human-Robot interface: Analyze and develop Human Robot interface applications
To create world class technocrats and entrepreneurs to meet emerging industry standards through quality education advanced researches with ethical & moral values.
- M1: Create a strong foundation on fundamentals of Robotics and Automation through Outcome Based Learning Teaching (OBLT) Process
- M2: Establish state-of-the-art facilities for design and simulation.
- M3: Provide opportunities to students to work on real world problems and develop sustainable ethical solutions
- M4: Involve the students in group activities, including those of professional bodies to develop leadership and communication skills