School of Electrical, Electronics & Communication Engineering Back
B.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering
The Electronics & Communication Engineering has been playing a vital role in producing scientists and technologists of the highest caliber. The ever challenging needs of technological excellence in all the major areas of Electronics & Communication Engineering such as Communication Engineering, VLSI Design, Robotics, microprocessors & microcontrollers, digital and analog electronics, mobile and computer networks, biomedical instrumentation, digital signal & image processing, Integrated electronics and circuits, network & systems, measurements & instrumentation motivate to opt Electronics & Communication Engineering one of the most chosen branches of Engineering & Technology. The Electronics & Communication Engineering stream, which is very relevant to the requirement of modern fast developing industries, is the evergreen branch. Extensive project based learning is embedded in curricula to enhance technical skills of students as per industry needs.
The Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering offers a regular four year B. Tech. program in Electronics & Communication Engineering as well as post graduate program in Communication Engineering and VLSI Design . In addition to the strong undergraduate program in Electronics & Communication Engineering, the department has world class infrastructure & teaching facilities. The infrastructure and lab facilities are up to the international standards and provide adequate opportunities for students and researchers to learn and innovate the technological skills. The department has distinguished faculty profile with educations background from reputed/premier institutes
The faculty of the department has been constantly carrying out research on many cutting edge technologies and regularly publish papers in IEEE and other top international journals. The department also plans to undertake many research projects sponsored by both the government and the industry.
Minimum 60% in Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Technical Vocational subject / Computer Science / Information Technology / Informatics Practices / Agriculture / Engineering Graphics / Business Studies in class XII.
Minimum 50% marks in Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational subject/ Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Informatics Practices/ Agriculture/ Engineering Graphics/ Business Studies in XIIth with minimum 40%ile or upto 5 Lakh rank in JEE Mains.
For Lateral Entry:
Diploma (in Engineering and Technology) examination with at least 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) . Subject to vacancies in the First Year, in case the vacancies at lateral entry are exhausted
B.Sc degree from a recognized institute with at least 60% marks or equivalent and XIIth with Mathematics as a subject.
For Migration from Other Universities:
1) B.E./B.Tech Ist year minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale
2) 65% PCM or above at XII level.
Programme Education Objectives
- PEO-1: Graduates will demonstrate their professional knowledge in the field of electronics and communication engineering and allied fields.
- PEO-2: The graduates will contribute to interdisciplinary research with the use of modern tools & emerging technologies.
- PEO-3: The graduates will become successful leaders through effective project management and contribute to the growth & development of the organization and society.
- PEO-4: The graduates will be involved in promoting professional and societal activities.
Program Outcomes (PO)
- Engineering Knowledge : Apply the knowledge of Mathematics, Science, and Engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to solution of complex engineering problems
- Problem analysis : Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences
- Design/development of solutions : Design of solutions for complex engineering problems and design of system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate considerations of public health and safety, and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Conduct investigations of complex problems : Use research based methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of information leading to logical conclusions
- Modern tool usage : Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling complex engineering activities with an understanding of limitations
- The engineer and society : Apply reasoning within the contextual knowledge to access societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability : Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in the societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and the need for sustainable developments
- Ethics : Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice
- Individual and team work : Function effectively as an individual independently and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication : Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large such give and receive clear instructions
- Project management and finance : Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering management principles and apply those to one’s own work as a member and leader of a team to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments
- Life-long Learning : Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Electronic System Development: Apply the knowledge of Printed Circuit Board, Electronic Devices and Circuits in developing electronic systems for the real time applications.
- Digital System Design: Competence in designing and analysis of complex electronic digitalsystems (both software and hardware), with proficiency in VLSI and Embedded systems
- IoT Development: Develop Embedded Systems and applications for IoT to contribute towards digital India and Smart City.