School of Electrical, Electronics & Communication Engineering Back
B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering with specialisation in Internet of Things (IOT)
Program Overview: The Internet of things (IoT) is the inter-networking of physical devices, smart vehicle, buildings, and other items embedded with electronics, software, sensors, actuators, and network connectivity which enable these objects to collect and exchange data. This technology connects devices to each other, and to the people who use it in their daily life. IoT is among the newest innovations in the field of information technology. It's all set to create a huge wave and change the way we receive information. Leading business organizations have started focussing on the opportunities thrown up by Internet of Things; therefore, companies are in search of professionals who have strong foundational knowledge in the concepts of Internet of Things. This programme aims to train students to be equipped with a solid theoretical foundation, systematic professional knowledge and strong practical skills in the fields of electronics engineering, computer technology and communications networks, that underpin a wide range of applications in the Internet of Things. Bachelor of technology in IoT specialization opens the door of opportunities for fresh graduates. As more than 200 tech start-ups in India alone are engaged in IoT related projects, there exists plenty of job opportunities for IoT specialized graduates.
Galgotias Engineering Entrance Exam
For Lateral Entry:
Passed Diploma from AICTE approved institute in appropriate branch of engineering/technology with minimum 60% or 6.0 CGPA
B.Sc degree from a recognized university with at least 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA and passed XIIth standard with Mathematics as a subject.
For Migration from Other Universities:
1) B.E./B.Tech Ist year minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale
2) 65% PCM or above at XII level.
The vision of the Electronics and Communication Engineering Department is to be known globally as a premier department of Electronics and Communication Engineering for value based education and interdisciplinary research for innovation.
- M1: Create a strong foundation on fundamentals of Electronics and Communication Engineering through Outcome Based Learning Teaching (OBLT) Process
- M2: Establish state-of-the-art facilities for design and simulation.
- M3: Provide opportunities to students to work on real world problems and develop sustainable ethical solutions.
- M4: Involve the students in group activities, including those of professional bodies to develop leadership and communication skills.