School of Electrical, Electronics & Communication Engineering Back
B.Tech in Electrical Engineering
The Electrical Engineering has been playing a vital role in producing scientists and technologists of the highest caliber. The ever challenging needs of technological excellence in all the major areas of Electrical Engineering such as control & automation, robotics, power systems, power electronics & drives, microprocessors & microcontrollers, digital and analog electronics, PLC & SCADA systems, FACTS, biomedical instrumentation, digital signal & image processing, electrical machines, integrated electronics and circuits, network & systems, measurements & instrumentation, electrical engineering applications in computer technology and renewable energy resources motivate to opt Electrical Engineering one of the most chosen branches of Engineering & Technology. The Electrical Engineering stream, which is very relevant to the requirement of modern fast developing industries, is the evergreen branch and mother of all engineering branches related to the Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
The Department of Electrical Engineering offers a regular four year B. Tech. program in Electrical Engineering as well as post graduate program in Power Electronics & Drives. In addition to the strong undergraduate program in Electrical Engineering, the department has world class infrastructure & teaching facilities. The infrastructure and lab facilities are up to the international standards and provide adequate opportunities for students and researchers to learn and innovate the technological skills. The department has distinguished faculty from renowned institutes in India and abroad. The faculty of the department has been constantly carrying out research on many cutting edge technologies and regularly publish papers in IEEE and other top international journals. The department also plans to undertake many research projects sponsored by both the government and the industry.
- Duration-4 Years
Minimum 60% in Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Technical Vocational subject / Computer Science / Information Technology / Informatics Practices / Agriculture / Engineering Graphics / Business Studies in class XII.
Minimum 50% marks in Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational subject/ Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Informatics Practices/ Agriculture/ Engineering Graphics/ Business Studies in XIIth with minimum 40%ile or upto 5 Lakh rank in JEE Mains.
For Lateral Entry:
Diploma (in Engineering and Technology) examination with at least 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) . Subject to vacancies in the First Year, in case the vacancies at lateral entry are exhausted
B.Sc degree from a recognized institute with at least 60% marks or equivalent and XIIth with Mathematics as a subject.
For Migration from Other Universities:
1) B.E./B.Tech Ist year minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale
2) 65% PCM or above at XII level.
Programme Education Objectives
- PEO-1: Electrical Engineering graduates will have successful careers in core engineering, academia, research organizations.
- PEO-2:The graduates will be well prepared to adapt usage of modern tools & emerging technologies and contribute to interdisciplinary research with innovative practices.
- PEO-3: The graduates will be academically prepared to become leaders in their organizations, become professional engineers, as necessary, and will contribute effectively to the growth and development of their organization.
- PEO-4: The graduates will engage in professional activities with ethical practices in the field of Electrical Engineering to enhance their own stature and simultaneously contribute to the profession and society at large.
Program Outcomes (PO)
- PO1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12:Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1: Electrical Engineering students will be equipped to handle complex electrical engineering problem of industry and society with latest technology in power system simulation, power quality and control systems.
- PSO2: Using modern tools and simulators students will be able to analyze and optimize the performance of the electrical systems, which include power systems and electrical machines.
- PSO3: Electrical Engineering students will be able to optimize conventional and nonconventional energy sources for benefit of industry, perform energy audit and society in all respect and capable to innovate and do the research accordingly.