Under Graduate Programs
B.Sc (Hons.) Agriculture
It is a four year under graduate bachelor’s degree program, which generally includes agriculture science. Admission to the course is mostly merit based. The objective of the course is to use and improve agricultural productivity.
The applicant must have done 10+2 in Science or Agriculture with Science or Mathematics. Since India is an agrarian country, this field will never run out of job opportunities. To be honest, qualified professionals are always valued, when it comes to agriculture science.
Agriculture graduates have high scope of employment in government, public and private sectors. Besides, the Agricultural Scientist Recruitment Board (ASRB), ICAR conductswritten examination for recruitment of Scientists in different disciplines of agriculture. The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), Institute of Banking Personnel’s Selection (IBPS), Ministry of Finance, Government of India conduct every year written examination for recruitment of Agriculture Finance Officer (AFO) to be posted in different Nationalized Banks.
After completion of B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture program, students can also opt for higher education viz, Masters in Agriculture with specialization in horticulture, agronomy, soil science, plantpathology, entomology, and plant breeding.They can also pursue MBA in rural management, risk management, agri-business management.
Programme Education Objectives
- PEO1 The graduates will be able to analyze and optimise agriculture concepts.
- PEO2 The graduates will develop an ability to work efficiently as leader with a holistic approach.
- PEO3 The graduates will generate a culture of lifelong learning to achieve personal enrichment and professional ethics.
- PEO4 The graduates will be able to evaluate, analyze and optimise agriculture based design and development.
- PEO5 The graduates will generate a culture of lifelong learning in an inclined environment to achieve personal enrichment and professional ethics.
Program Outcomes (PO)
- PO1 Provide systematic knowledge of theory and practical.
- PO2 It empowers students with knowledge related to agriculture resource management.
- PO3 Learn and understand the various aspects of agriculture.
- PO4 Develop awareness of good practices for sustainable agriculture and its management.
- PO5 Preparation for quality review and development of leadership skills for career and employability.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- PSO1 Providing quality education which ensures betterment of farming community through policy and planning for agriculture.
- PSO2 Embellish the students with specialization in Agricultural Economics to meet the rising market demand particularly in government, private, academic and banking sectors for graduates with specialisation in Agricultural Economics and for utilizing opportunities to take up overseas studies.
Post Graduate Programs
M.Sc Agriculture (Agronomy)
About the program
M.Sc. Ag. (Agronomy) is a two-year Post-graduate course that ingrains a highly developed understanding of agronomic structure and advanced analytical skills.
Applicants should have passed B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture or equivalent degree with minimum 55% marks and for OBC and SC/ST/Other reserved categories 50% marks.
|Duration||Two year (4 Semesters)|
Agronomist studies involve in the plant breeding and its application in terms of human being utilization. The commercialization of horticulture and agriculture, career opportunities in both government and private sectors in the discipline have increased.
The successful post-graduates of the course are hired in the different areas as:
|Agriculture Loan Officers||Department of Land Affairs|
|Farm Services Agency||Bureau of Land Management|
|Cooperative Extension Service||Agricultural Technicians|
|Farming Statisticians||Agricultural Consultants|
|Crop Consultants||Commodity Traders|
|Soil Scientists||Environmental Consultants|
|Fertilizer and Chemical Salespersons||Grain Elevator Managers|
|Precision Agriculture Specialists||Natural Resources Conservation Service|
|Farm Manager||Civil Services|