Under Graduate Programs
B.Sc (Hons.) Agriculture
It is a four year under graduate bachelor’s degree program, which generally includes agriculture science. Admission to the course is mostly merit based. The objective of the course is to use and improve agricultural productivity.
XII with Science with minimum 50% marks.
Agriculture graduates have high scope of employment in government, public and private sectors. Besides, the Agricultural Scientist Recruitment Board (ASRB), ICAR conductswritten examination for recruitment of Scientists in different disciplines of agriculture. The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), Institute of Banking Personnel’s Selection (IBPS), Ministry of Finance, Government of India conduct every year written examination for recruitment of Agriculture Finance Officer (AFO) to be posted in different Nationalized Banks.
After completion of B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture program, students can also opt for higher education viz, Masters in Agriculture with specialization in horticulture, agronomy, soil science, plantpathology, entomology, and plant breeding.They can also pursue MBA in rural management, risk management, agri-business management.
Programme Education Objectives
- PEO1 Graduates of agriculture shall lead in the agriculture and allied industries during the services and entrepreneurship.
- PEO2 Graduates of agriculture shall effectively identify and design sustainable solution to address responsibilities and Global opportunities.
- PEO3 Graduates of agriculture shall be successful professional careers in Agro-industries, government organization, educational and research Institutions.
Program Outcomes (PO)
- PO1: Understand and apply the fundamental principles, concepts and methods in key areas of agriculture science and multidisciplinary fields.
- PO2: Understand the importance and judicious use of agricultural technologies and resources for the sustainable growth of human beings in synergy with nature.
- PO3: Understand the professional, ethical and social responsibilities.
- PO4: Enhance the research culture and uphold the scientific integrity and objectivity.
- PO5: Engage in continuous life-long learning in the context of technological and scientific advancements.
- PO6: Develop the critical thinking with scientific temper weather friendly and entrepreneurial.
- PO7: Communicate the subject effectively to reached out the agriculture sector Should be update.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- PSO1 To Develop the ability to know farming practices and their scope to improve the rural development through technology-based approaches.
- PSO2 Embellish the students with specialization in smart agricultural systems through integrated farming system, skill-based program should be added. vertical farming, hydroponics, multilayer farming, aeroponics, use of information and communication technologies, agriculture automation, robotics, Weather forecasting systems, remote sensing and GIS techniques etc.
B.Tech in Agriculture Engineering (New)
B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture (four year degree program) from a recognized with least 55 % marks altogether for general and 50% for OBC/SC/ST and other reserved category.
After effectively finishing M. Sc. in Agronomy, understudies can select positions as Agronomists, Agricultural Scientists, Crop Production Specialist, Crop Scientist, Lab Technician, Assistant Professor, Research Fellow, Farm Associate, Farm Manager, and so on. They can likewise select PhD in Agronomy and seek after research. Seeking after PhD enlarges work scope and furthermore expands pay. Understudies can likewise search for occupations in different government and private organization like Krishi vigyan Kendra, Center for Cotton Research, Central Rice Research Institute, Central Arid Zone Research Institute, VNR seed company, MAHYCO hybrid seed company and numerous others.
Post Graduate Programs
M.Sc Agriculture (Agronomy) (New)
About the program
M.Sc. Ag. (Agronomy) is a two-year Post-graduate course that ingrains a highly developed understanding of agronomic structure and advanced analytical skills.
Applicants should have passed B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture or equivalent degree with minimum 55% marks and for OBC and SC/ST/Other reserved categories 50% marks.
|Duration||Two year (4 Semesters)|
Agronomist studies involve in the plant breeding and its application in terms of human being utilization. The commercialization of horticulture and agriculture, career opportunities in both government and private sectors in the discipline have increased.
The successful post-graduates of the course are hired in the different areas as:
|Agriculture Loan Officers||Department of Land Affairs|
|Farm Services Agency||Bureau of Land Management|
|Cooperative Extension Service||Agricultural Technicians|
|Farming Statisticians||Agricultural Consultants|
|Crop Consultants||Commodity Traders|
|Soil Scientists||Environmental Consultants|
|Fertilizer and Chemical Salespersons||Grain Elevator Managers|
|Precision Agriculture Specialists||Natural Resources Conservation Service|
|Farm Manager||Civil Services|