Rules & Regulations
Galgotias University lays emphasis on maintaining University decorum and discipline. There are certain rules and regulations that the students need to adhere to.
- Students are expected not to leave University premises during their lectures without written permission from the Head of the Department or a competent authority.
- Ragging in any form is totally banned and is a punishable offence as per the government orders. If any student is found indulged in any sort of harassment or ragging to freshers or fellow students, inside or outside the campus or hostel, he/she will be immediately dismissed from the university and strict legal action will be taken against them as per the rules.
- We, at Galgotias University, don't entertain the concept of being late. Be it lectures or other co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, the students are expected to report in the classrooms in time.
- Students will be responsible for all the equipment that is entrusted to them and should not misuse any of the university property. Any damage caused to any property, lab equipment and instruments, tools, books etc., shall be liable for fine. In case of any damage, actual cost will be refunded from the student along with a fine.
- Students should take the responsibility of their belongings within the campus as the University will not be responsible for any loss of belongings. Any theft or illegal behavior by the students will be liable to strict disciplinary action.
- Use of mobiles and cameras is strictly prohibited during lectures. If a student is found using any such means then the gadget will be confiscated.
- Consumption of tobacco, alcohol or smoking is strictly prohibited inside the university campus; if any student is found under the influence of alcohol or tobacco then strict disciplinary actions will be taken against that student.
- Weapons or equipment that can hurt someone is not allowed within the university premises.
- Identity cards should be prominently worn by students while they are in the campus, the security will not allow a student to enter University premises without their identity cards.
- Management reserves the rights to change class schedules and timings and all students must abide by them.
- Use of abusive language, weapon, damage of property, misbehavior with students, faculty or other staff, intimidation or interference with other students or any activity that is against the decorum of the Galgotias University is punishable and strict action can be taken against the student indulging into such activities.
All other rules, regulations and guidelines prescribed by the university/Government bodies will be implemented.