About the School
"The hospitality industry deals with two basic needs of human beings – food & shelter, a vista which can never wane away with time". – Prof. (Dr.) Rajiv Mishra
Welcome to the School of Hospitality & Tourism (SOHT), Galgotias University!
Why Hospitality & Tourism
Hospitality & Tourism, as an industry, is one amongst the fastest growing sectors in India, thereby increasing the economy and contributing to country’s largest sources of foreign exchange earnings, revenue generation and employability. But at the same time, the industry is facing the shortage of thirty-thousand trained manpower every year, as stated in the latest five-year plan document. Approximately three percent per year average increase of international tourist arrival is projected globally by 2030, and hospitality & tourism industry is generating near about 200 million jobs either directly or indirectly as per the report of ‘World Travel and Tourism Council’.
Why SOHT, Galgotias University
SOHT, Galgotias University is committed to deliver the best education & training to students by providing premium infrastructure, robust & holistic curriculum, impressive & efficacious practicum, finest learning platform & conducive environment along with the best scholastic & co-scholastic development of learners. We groom professionals, who can easily excel with confidence in any path they choose.
Our ‘Hospitality & Tourism’ courses are highly inclined towards industry specific norms; and today both national & multinational organizations are considering the aspects of personalized services along with customer satisfaction as the key mantra to any successful business, thereby making endless opportunities for Hospitality & Tourism graduates in the market.
SOHT is endeavouring to make hospitality & tourism erudition very multifarious and integrative by keeping the curriculum abreast of latest trends and innovations happening in the contemporary industry. School is much concerned in maintaining quality issue in the domain of hospitality & tourism education apart from maintaining all measures of accreditation and evaluation to keep the programs & courses as strong and competitive in terms of its objective, nature and delivery. The most talented, highly skilled and committed team of Faculty Members are continuously striving to prepare graduates to compete with industry standards regarding their professional skill-sets apart from attaining educational prospects.
We always try to build a harmony among students, parents, alumni, entrepreneurs, educators and industry- practitioners in the exchange of work-place skills.
Hospitality & Tourism Industry open doors to numerous opportunities
Hospitality & Tourism professionals with multi-faceted skillset have the flexibility and adaptability to excel in a variety of career paths. They are in in great demand across the globe in various sectors & industries:
- Occupational & managerial hierarchies of operational hotels, motels, restaurants and fast-food companies.
- Hospitality allied industries & projects.
- Prominent ancillary industry sectors viz. service apartments; banquet & conference centers.
- Cafe bars, pubs and casinos.
- Theme parks and discotheques.
- Event management companies & exhibition centers.
- Public relations.
- IT & finance companies, marketing & business development spheres.
- Airhostess, stewards, cabin crew & ground duty staff at airports.
- Trainers & educators in hospitality and food craft institutes.
- Cruise lines.
- Retailing & consultancy services.
- Catering services at railways, airlines, defense sectors, banks, hospitals & healthcare units.
- Industrial and institutional canteens.
- Spas & Ayurveda centers.
- Clubs (golf, country & yacht).
- Guest houses, inspection bungalows, lodges & resorts.
- Family entertainment centers & multiplexes.
- Business & knowledge process outsourcing companies.
- Corporate houses.
- Travel agencies, tour operating companies.
- Tourism development corporations & associations.
- Leisure, recreation & sports venues, and many more…
We are offering the following job-oriented professional programs at our School:
- Certificate in Tourism Studies [8 months]
- Diploma in Travel and Tourism [18 months]
- Bachelor of Science in Hotel Management (B.Sc. HM) [3 years]
- Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM) [4 years]
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Tourism & Travel [3 years]
- Master of Business Administration in Tourism & Travel Management [2 years]
Let's join & experience the charisma & elegance of leading hospitality & tourism institute of Northern India!