Mass Communication Faculty Back
Dr. Shuchi Yadav
- PhD, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- MA., Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- MPhil, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- B.A (Hons.) Daulat Ram College, Delhi University, New Delhi
Certificate Courses / Academic Programs
- Programme for Diplomatic Correspondents, Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi
- Course on Book Publishing, National Book Trust, New Delhi
- Ten Day ICSSR Workshop on Research Methodology Program in Communication Studies and SocialScience; Organized by CCMG, Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi
Area of Specialization
Media, History and Violence
Television, News, Culture, Community and Conflict
More than 12 Years in media industry including top brands like Network 18 and Sahara India Television network plus 7 years in teaching
Media Psychology and Audience Studies; Principles & Theories of Mass Communication; Electronic Media: TV Journalism; Audio-Visual Media Production
- 2017- ongoing Associate Professor, SMCS, Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- 2013-2017 Assistant Professor (Grade-III), SMCS, Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- 2011-2013 Academic Associate, Department of Indian Information Service, Indian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi
- 2010-2017 Consulting Editor, DiG News Production House, New Delhi
- 2005-2010 Senior Correspondent, Foreign Affairs, CNN-IBN TV News Channel
- 2004-2005 Media Consultant, Sage Publications, New Delhi
- 2002-2004 Production Executive, Sahara India TV Network, Noida
- 1999-2000 Research Assistant, Observer Group of Publications, New Delhi
- BA JMC (Bachelor Courses) Electronic Media: TV Journalism; Media Psychology and Audience Studies; New Trends in Media; Contemporary Issues in Indian Politics; Contemporary Social Issues
- MA JMC (Masters Courses) Audio-Visual Media Production; Principles &Theories of Mass Communication; Broadcast Industry; Electronic Media: TV Specialization.
Awarded M.Phil grant (1999) from Indian Council for Historical Research, New Delhi
Research Papers Published
- 'Women, Television & Dis/ability: Exploring the Emotional Public Sphere in Reality Shows', Journal of Psychological Researches, ISSN: 00223972, (peer reviewed & UGC listed), Volume 61, Number 2 (August, 2017)
- 'Media and Massacre: The Hashimpura Event, 1987; in Studies in People's History, Sage Publication, (peer reviewed & UGC listed) ISSN: 23484489, online edition October 10, 2017
- "Television, News and History: Exploring New Paradigms" Indian Journal of Human Relations (peer reviewed & UGC listed), ISSN :09741089 in Vol 51 (i), 2017
- 'Situating The Idea of Truth: Constructing The Past in News Narratives' accepted for publication, Madhya Bharti (peer reviewed & UGC listed), ISSN : 0974-0066.
- "Photographs, Tropes and Violence", accepted publication in Social Scientist (peer reviewed & UGC listed), ISSN: 09700293.
- "Heritage Tourism and Historical Experience: Understanding the Use of Past in Constructing Brand India, accepted publication in The Equanimist (UGC listed ) ISSN: 23957468
- E-content UGC project 'e-PG Pathshala'- one module on 'News and Conflict'
Television News Content Produced
Hundreds of Stories on national, international and strategic affairs. Can be viewed on https://www.news18.com/byline/shuchi-yadav.html
Research Papers Presented & National / International Conference Attended
- 'Menstruation and Ayurveda: Healing Through Ancient Knowledge Systems', paper presented on March 10, 2018 at the Second International Conference on Global Climate Change & Eco System Management – Culture, Traditions & Nature, New Delhi.
- 'Television and Sectarian Violence', paper presented on July 12, 2017 at the Pantheon-Assas University, Paris, International Association of Media and History Conference Paris, July 9-13 organized by Centre for Interdisciplinary Research and Analysis of the Media/French Press Institute.
- Television and Trauma, 3rd International Conference by the Dept of Applied Psychology of the Pondicherry University & 6th InSPA international conference 2016, 0ct 13-15, presented on 15 Oct, Scientific Session XXI, Global Initiatives on Mental Health & Well Being , Chair: Prof RN Singh.
- "Portraying Dis/ability on Television: A Content Analysis of Dance Reality Shows"; 2nd International Conference of Indian Academy of Health Psychology, Gautam Budha University, Greater Noida; 16-18 Dec' 2016
- Participated at the National Conference on Women Legislators: Building Resurgent India at Central Hall, Parliament, New Delhi, March 5-6, 2016, organized by Smt Sumitra Mahajan, Honourable Speaker of Lok Sabha, Parliament of India, New Delhi.
- World Education Summit 2017, New Delhi, Two Day International Conference on Higher Education, organized by AICTE, NSDC, UGC.
- World Bank Roundtable on Global Trends in Higher Education, New Delhi, 2017
Invited Lectures/Resource Person
- Television, News and Jammu & Kashmir, invited speaker at seminar on 'Media and Jammu & Kashmir at Satyawati College, October 30, 2017, Delhi University, organized by Centre for Advanced Research on Development & Change along with Department of Political Science, Satyawati College, Delhi University.
- "Media Technologies and Development in India", invited lecture on Aug'26, 2017 at the 6th International Conference on Sustainable Development of the Society: Current Trends and Future Outlook, 2017 organized by Swami Shraddhanand College, University of Delhi
- 'Voluntary Organizations & Media' – lecture on 17th April 2016, organized by NAQSH, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi
- 'Role of Communication for inculcating the Water Budgeting Habits', delivered lecture and conducted workshop on Sept 8, 2015 organized at Laxmi Bai College, University of Delhi by Centre for Advanced Research on Development and Change, New Delhi.