Studio D aims to promote the art of dancing throughout the Galgotias College community. We provide our members with dance training, and enhance their appreciation of movement and music to become a better and more confident dancer.
- To provide a platform for the members to showcase their dancing prowess before the entire college community by organizing events from time to time.
- To select good dancers from the entire college community to represent our college in various inter-college fests.
- To collaborate with professional choreographers and experts in organizing workshops for the members to learn different and newer dance styles (salsa, jazz and even classical dance forms).
- Club members will learn the rhythm, musicality and performance skills needed to become a better dancer
- 16 students were selected and were trained for IIT-Kanpur festival in October. They represented the college in the various categories- group, solo and duet dance events. A professional choreographer was hired for the same and he trained the students.
- The club members had also put up a group and a solo performance at the Fresher’s party in October.
- The club is now preparing for G-Quasar to be held in March’12.
- Various workshops will be organized in January for training students for the fest.
Framework: No of Members: 50
Direction & Co-ordination : Mrs.Vinnie Mathur (HEAD - STUDENT AFFAIRS)\
Head Coordinators: Adrija Ajeya (IT 4th year)
Asim Khan (CS 4th year))
Core Members: Fahad Khan (EEE 3rd year)
Hemani Yadav (CS 4 th year)
Saumya Gupta (IT 4 th year)