| Dr. Sujata Majumdar |
| Designation: || Assistant Professor (Grade-I), Dept. of Chemistry |
| Degree(s): || Ph.D. in Bioinformatics and Chemistry from Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, CSIR (degree received from Jadavpur University, Calcutta) |
| || |
Molecular modeling of protein structures related to drug design especially on binding of carbohydrates to the protein molecules.
Teaching Experience: 2 years
Postdoctoral research in Yonsei University, South Korea
Chemistry and Environmental Science
- Prediction of 3-D structures of fucose-binding proteins and structural analysis of their interaction with ligands Sujata Majumder, Avik Roy and Chhabinath Mandal, Glycoconjugate Journal 20, 545–550, 2004
- Search for fucose binding domains in recently sequenced hypothetical proteins using molecular modeling techniques and structural analysis. Sujata Majumder, Madhumita Patra and Chhabinath Mandal, Glycoconjugate Journal 23,251-257, 2006
- Structural studies on mannose-selective glycoprotein receptors using molecular modeling techniques. Madhumita Patra, Sujata Majumder and Chhabinath Mandal, Glycoconjugate Journal 23,241-249, 2006
Awards & Honors
- Recipient of joint CSIR-UGC (India) Research Fellowship award through National Eligibility Test (NET) Exam, 2001 (CSIR Fellow)
- Qualified Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) 2000 with 95.18 percentile
- Best poster presentation at the 7th International Symposium on Biochemical Roles of Eukaryotic Cell Surface Macromolecules, 10-14th Jan, 2005 held at Puri.
- Recipient of Burdwan University Merit Scholarship, 1999