| Dr. Priti Sharma |
| Designation: || Assistant Professor (Grade I) |
| Degree(s): || PhD (Lucknow University, Lucknow; Indian Institute of Toxicology Research, Lucknow), M.Sc. (Dr. H.S.Gour University, Madhya Pradesh) |
| || |
DNA Polymorphism, Environmental Pollution, Genetics Susceptibility, Forensic serology
5 years of research experience at Indian Institute of Toxicology Research, Lucknow
Forensic Serology; Introduction to Forensics, Crime and Investigative Techniques; Introduction to Criminology.
- Groundwater Contaminated with Hexavalent Chromium [Cr (VI)]: A Health Survey and Clinical Examination of Community Inhabitants (Kanpur, India)”: Priti Sharma, Vipin Bihari, Sudhir K. Agarwal, Vipin Verma, Kesavachandran Nair , Balram Pangtey, Neeraj Mathur, Kunwar Pal Singh, Mithlesh Srivastava, Sudhir K. Goel, PlosOne, Oct 7(10) (2012) e47877.
- Genetic Predisposition for Dermal Problems in Hexavalent Chromium Exposed Population”: Priti Sharma, Vipin Bihari, Sudhir Agarwal, Sudhir Kumar Goel, Journal of Nucleic Acids (2012) 1-9.
- Study of genetic polymorphic status in solvent exposed population and its correlation to in vitro effect of trichloroethylene on lymphocytes”: Munish Kumar, Shikha Tewari, Priti Sharma, Vipin Kumar Verma, L.K.S Chauhan, Sudhir Kumar Agarwal, U.N. Dwivedi and Sudhir Kumar Goel, J. Environ. Biol. 30(5), (2009) 685-691.
- Analysis of Plant poisons” (Book Review): Priti Sharma, A. K. Jaiswal Journal of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology, AIIMS, New Delhi (2007).
- A study on health effects and genetic susceptibility of population exposed to Chromium (VI)”: Priti Sharma, Vipin Bihari, Vipin K. Verma, Kr. P. Singh, Surya Kant, Neeraj Mathur, Sudhir K. Goel, 28th Annual Conference of Society of Toxicology (STOX) and International Symposium on “Monitoring and Modulating Global Resources of Environmental and Food Contaminants: Nature verses Chemicals, Ludhiana, Oct 16-18 (2008).
- Gastrointestinal complaints among Cr (VI) exposed population and its association with genetic polymorphism of metabolic genes”:Priti Sharma, Vipin Behari, Sudhir K. Agarwal, C. Keshavachandran, Neeraj Mathur, B.S.Pangty, Vipin Verma & Sudhir K. Goel International Conference on Genomic Sciences-2010 and VII Convention of Biotech Research Society, Madurai, Nov 12-14 (2010).
- Genotoxic effects of Sodium Arsenite in bone marrow of rats at International conference on Arsenic and its Environmental Hazards”: Vipin Kr. Verma, L.K.S. Chauhan, Priti Sharma, S. K. Goel, International conference on Arsenic and its Environmental Hazards, Lucknow, Mar 26-27, (2010).
- Correlation between metallothionein mRNA levels using Real Time PCR and oxidative stress in livers of rats treated with mercuric chloride and effect of sodium selenite pretreatment”: Rakhi Agarwal, Shikha Tewari, S.K.Goel, Priti Sharma, Vipin Verma, Jai Raj Behari, 5th Annual Conference of Biotechnology Society of India Advances and Strategies in Biotechnology: A Global Perspective, Lucknow, Nov 17-19 (2007)
Awards & Honors
- Awarded Senior Research Fellowship by University Grants Commission, India.
- Awarded Junior Research Fellowship by University Grants Commission, India.
- Topper of M.Sc. (Forensic Science) 2004-06 batch at Sir Hari Singh Gour University, Sagar.
- Member, Forensic Science Development Society (FSDS), India
- Member, Society of Toxicology (STOX), India
- Member, Biotechnology Society of India (BSI), India