India is a country of rich cultural heritage. It’s higher education system is the third largest in the world and the country is home to many reputed and internationally acclaimed Universities, Galgotias being one of them. We welcome you to the land where tradition meets modernity and where diverse cultures blend to bring about a vibrant harmonious environment.
Facts about India:
Ø India is the seventh largest country in the world by area, and has the second largest population. It is also the most populous democracy in the world. It is home to the famous Taj Mahal located in Agra, 200 kms from New Delhi.
- Capital: New Delhi
- Languages: Hindi, English and several State and regional languages
- System: Federal, State Private
- Currency: Indian Rupee INR
Ø India has a long and venerable history in the field of higher education . In ancient times, the country was known to have been home to the oldest formal universities in the world namely Takshila and Nalanda.
Ø Other systems that are known to have originated in India are Trigonometry, Calculus, Algebra, the Decimal system and the numerical digit, Zero.
- Vinod Dham, invented Pentium Chip (90% of the today's computers run on it).
- Sabeer Bhatia created Hotmail (Hotmail is the World's First web based free email service).
- 38% of doctors in USA are Indians.
- 12% scientists in USA are Indians.
- 36% of NASA scientists are Indians.
- 34% of Microsoft employees are Indians.
- 28% of IBM employees are Indians.
- 17% of INTEL scientists are Indians.
- 13% of Xerox employees are Indians.
- The famous board game, called Chess, was invented in India
Ø In the recent past Indian education has emerged as one of the best and sought after in the world. It offers:
- Affordable education
- Wide choice of programmes
- World-class institutions and faculty
- International Exposure
- Friendly environment
- Focus of academics on the emerging economies.
The city of Greater Noida is situated about 50 km from the capital city of New Delhi. It is a well planned, clean urban city with open roads and lush green environment and comes under the purview of the National Capital Region (NCR). Greater Noida has become a hub for educational institutions and big corporates as the city is closely connected to the capital city. The demographics mainly consist of corporates and students providing them a great lifestyle.
The city hosted India’s first ever Formula One Grand Prix in October 2011. Galgotias University is located 0 km from the Formula One track. The new airport scheduled to be built, is just 2 km from the University. Greater Noida and Noida are home to numerous shopping malls, parks along with other fun and leisure places.