School of Library & Information Sciences Back
Bachelor of Library & Information Science (B.L.I.Sc.)
The program deals with the philosophy, basic principles, fundamental laws & professional ethics of Librarianship. It nurtures the skills of processing, organization & retrieval of information among the students. The program aims at providing intensive training to the students in the management of libraries & information Centres in the changing social, cultural, technological and economic environment.
For course related queries please contact : Prof. MTM Khan
Graduation with minimum 50% marks in aggregate
Given the challenges and opportunities of the data deluge in the digital age, the information professionals are in high demand, as businesses, organizations and society confront and address the issues armed with the tools and technologies of information management.More and more emphasis on research in every sector has paved the way for the establishment and development of academic and R& D organizations. A library Information Centre is a hub around which revolves the academic activities of the institution.More and more emphasis on research in every sector has paved the way for the establishment and development of academic and R& D organizations. A library Information Centre is a hub around which revolves the academic activities of the institution.
The school attempts to look at the current needs of the market with respect to competencies of a fresh Library science graduate and the feasibility of fulfilling the increasingly growing expectations of their prospective employers with a view to prove their mettle at the work place i.e. School, College and University Libraries and Information Centres.The Masters degree holders with immense practical background and equipped with intensive and extensive knowledge of the use of Information Communication Technology in libraries, have a very bright prospectus of getting responsible positions as library professionals in University Libraries and Information Centres.The Doctorate degree holders, with a wealth of creativity and treasure of talents, have high probability of being offered lucrative jobs in the institutes of national and international repute. Besides, they may get an opportunity to serve as faculty members in a number of schools of this discipline at the National and International level.
Career AVENUES: As library professionals in Public (village, town, city, metropolitan areas etc.) libraries, Academic (School, College, University and Research) Libraries and Special (R&D) Libraries.
Vision & Mission
- To create awareness of Information and Information technologies used in Library and Information Science students.
- To nurture the philosophy, basic principles, fundamental laws and professional ethics of librarianship among the students.
- To train the students in the skills of processing, organization and retrieval of information.
- To educate the students in the intricacies of management of Library and Information Centers.
- To enable the students to understand, implement and appreciate the functions and purpose of Libraries and Information Centers in the changing social, cultural, technological and economic environment.
- To provide the basic knowledge of computer and its applications in Library and Information activities; and
- To furnish the students and understanding of the basics of information science.
- To develop competence among students for the automated management of libraries and information centers in India.