School of Computing Science & Engineering Back
B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering with specialization in Internet of things & Intelligent System
Internet of Things (IoT) is an interdisciplinary program increased its application enormously in recent years in view of its having a vast scope. IoT generally refers to a growing network of internet-connected devices that find various applications in Engineering and sciences. It is the world wide network of interconnected objects and embedded systems using which the inter-connectivity of everything from urban transport to medical devices to household appliances, smart watches and other wearable technologies, home electronics and appliances, cars and heart monitoring implants can be studied.
This program aims to train students to be equipped with a solid theoretical foundation, systematic professional knowledge and strong practical skills in the fields of computer technology, communications networks and IT, that provides a wide range of applications in the Internet of Things. The objective of this course include :Introduction to IoT, Understand IoT Market perspective, Data and Knowledge Management and use of Devices in IoT Technology ,Understand IoT Architecture and the of IOT in various technologies
The program sets out to provide the student with:
- A thorough knowledge of computer science
- A firm foundation of wireless communication and computer networks
- A thorough knowledge of IoT devices, systems, networks and infrastructure
- A strong skill for sensor network design and network planning for IoT
This specialized B.Tech program includes following courses:
|The IoT ecosystem||Data Science for the Internet of Things (IoT)|
|Fog Computing||IOT using RFID|
|Smart Sensors and Internet of Things Fog Computing||Internet of Things: smart devices|
|IOT:Prototyping & development||IOT application areas|
|IOT USB device programming||IOT security|
|Internet of Things & Augmented Reality Emerging Technologies||Internet of Things: Multimedia Technologies|
|Internet of Things: Communication Technologies||Internet of Things: management and Policy|
|Dynamic Paradigm in IOT|
1) 60% PCM or above at XII level
2) Merit in Qualifying exam, IITJEE, UPSEE etc preferable
For Lateral Entry:
Passed Diploma from AICTE approved institute in appropriate branch of engineering/technology with minimum 60% or 6.0 CGPA
B.Sc degree from a recognized university with at least 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA and passed XIIth standard with Mathematics as a subject.
For Migration from Other Universities:
1) B.E./B.Tech Ist year minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale
2) 65% PCM or above at XII level.
The B. Tech in Computer Science & Engineering with specialization in internet of things provides you an exciting career in this domain. On passing out, one can choose a career either between Government organizations and National organizations with needs of IOT.
|IOT Applications Developer||IOT Applications Specialist|
|Intelligence analyst||Computer and Information system manager|
|Risk Analyst||IOT Operations Analyst|
|IOT Threats Analyst||IOT Testing Specialist|
|IOT Technology Architect||SmartCity Solutions Architect|
|Technical Consultant for IOT & SmartCity||IOT ( Sensor / Communication) Security Expert|
|Technical Support Engineer ( IOT & SmartCity)||Entrepreneur|
To be known widely as a premier department of Computer Science and Engineering for value-based education, multidisciplinary research and innovation.
The mission of the Computer Science and Engineering Department is
- Create a strong foundation on fundamentals of SCSE through OB-TLP.
- Establish state-of-the-art facilities for Analysis, Design and Implementation to develop sustainable ethical solutions.
- Conduct multidisciplinary research for developing innovative solutions. Involve the students in group activity including that of professional bodies to develop leadership and communication skills.
Programme Education Objectives
- PEO1: Transforms graduates as true and successful professionals in industry, government, academia, research and consultancy.
- PEO2: To develop the technical and professional skills of students so that they may able to present the real results and improve processes of the existing system.
- PEO3: To prepare graduates who will thrive to continuing education for fulfilling their lifelong goals and satisfaction.
- PEO4: Equip the students to adapt the new technologies and can developing the solutions to real world problems.ofessional activities with ethical practices in the field of Computer Science & Engineering to enhance their own stature to contribute society
Program Outcomes (PO)
- PO1: An ability to design and develop the application software, system based software that cater the needs of society and industry.
- PO2: An ability to apply the theoretical knowledge of computer science and engineering in simulation, modeling and developing solution to the real world problems.
- PO3: An ability to apply the novel concept and strong analytical knowledge for designing of computing system along with system software and hardware components.
- PO4: An ability to work in multicultural environments and ready to face the challenges in complexity, reliability, reengineering, security and operation.
- PO5: An ability to doing real time projects and presenting desired results, both in research and in advanced engineering.
- PO6: An ability to understand the impact of software solutions and a global and societal context.
- PO7: An ability to identify the impact of software development and improve processes for technical solutions.
- PO8: An ability to apply the modern tool and techniques and computational method in daily software engineering.
- PO9: An ability to develop the new system and deploy the software products faster and helping for automation process.
- PO10: An ability to design advance software, good algorithm thinking, problem solving activities and solid computational approach to quality assurance.
- PO11: An ability to combining modeling and computational approaches to solve theoretical or real world problems.
- PO12: An ability to adapting any relevant area where strong analytical and critical thinking is at premium.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- PSO1: To contribute their technical skills in computing and information technology domains like “Internet of Things”, Application to security, resource management and reliable operation are of particular interest. To compete practically and to provide technical solutions for real world problems and must be able to apply the paradigm of programming languages and open source software in various computing domains.
- PSO2: Devolving in students with the capacity to engage in project management, team work skills and ability to use new technology and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice, data interpretation and visualization, security knowledge, leadership, application based research and evaluation skills and ability to create a vision, flexibility and to adapt to rapid changes.
- PSO3: Devolving in students the fundamental knowledge and skills, especially an academic knowledge base and research and introducing the students to the disciplines of creating and participating in a responsible and effective professional community. Students must be to deal with ambiguity and complexity, innovation, conflict resolution, ownership and accountability.