School of Computing Science & Engineering Back
B Tech in Computer Science & Engineering with specialization in Computer Networks & Cyber Security
In today's networked world, most organizations and enterprises depend on different kinds of information technology solutions, e-commerce, e-governance, e-learning, e-banking etc. All communications must be secure and under control since the information stored and conveyed is ultimately an invaluable resource of the business. Securing vital resources and information in the network is the most challenging feat for system enterprise. The growing number of the computer Network (internet/intranet) attacks and sophistication in attack technologies has made this task still more complicated. The course content is developed with the support of Department of Information Technology, Ministry of Communications and IT, Government of India. Therefore, the need of the hour is to update the knowledge of the personnel manning networks and systems on the network security issues and solutions. The time of Networks and Systems professionals working in an organization is very valuable and hence it is difficult to spare their time for training away from the organizations.
This specialized B.Tech program includes following courses:
|Network Security & Testing with Lab||Data Privacy and Security|
|Web Security||Information Systems Security Planning and Audit|
|Introduction to Open Source Software and Open Standards||Introduction to PHP using IDE|
|Fundamentals of Information Security||Data Communication & Networks|
|Dynamic Paradigm in Network Security||Data Security|
|Principles of Information Systems Security||Linux Administration|
|Ethical Hacking||Security Concepts and Mechanisms|
|Network Security||System and Application Security|
|Fundamentals of Cyber Security||Forensics of Cyber Security|
|Cloud Security||Cyber Crime and Cyber Law|
|Digital Crime and Computer Law||Cyber security management and Policy|
|Information System Security and Cyber Crime||Digital Forensics and Cyber Investigation|
|Dynamic Paradigm in Cyber Security|
1) 60% PCM or above at XII level
2) Merit in Qualifying exam, IITJEE, UPSEE etc preferable
For Lateral Entry:
Passed Diploma from AICTE approved institute in appropriate branch of engineering/technology with minimum 60% or 6.0 CGPA
B.Sc degree from a recognized university with at least 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA and passed XIIth standard with Mathematics as a subject.
For Migration from Other Universities:
1) B.E./B.Tech Ist year minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale
2) 65% PCM or above at XII level.
The B. Tech in Computer Science & Engineering with specialization in Computer Networks and Cyber Security provides you an exciting career in the domain. On passing out, one can choose a career either between Government cyber organizations and National organizations such as DRDO, ISRO or private firms with needs of IT security.
|Cyber Security Architect||Cyber security administrator|
|Intelligence analyst||Information Security Analyst|
|Expert at Antivirus firms||Computer and Information system manager|
|Network security analyst||Cyber Security Specialist|
|Security Architect||Risk Analyst|
|Cyber Operations Analyst||Cyber Threats Analyst|
To be known widely as a premier department of Computer Science and Engineering for value-based education, multidisciplinary research and innovation.
The mission of the Computer Science and Engineering Department is
- Create a strong foundation on fundamentals of SCSE through OB-TLP.
- Establish state-of-the-art facilities for Analysis, Design and Implementation to develop sustainable ethical solutions.
- Conduct multidisciplinary research for developing innovative solutions. Involve the students in group activity including that of professional bodies to develop leadership and communication skills.
Programme Education Objectives
- PEO1: Transforms graduates as true and successful professionals in industry, government, academia, research and consultancy.
- PEO2: To develop the technical and professional skills of students so that they may able to present the real results and improve processes of the existing system.
- PEO3: To prepare graduates who will thrive to continuing education for fulfilling their lifelong goals and satisfaction.
- PEO4: Equip the students to adapt the new technologies and can developing the solutions to real world problems.ofessional activities with ethical practices in the field of Computer Science & Engineering to enhance their own stature to contribute society
Program Outcomes (PO)
- PO1: An ability to design and develop the application software, system based software that cater the needs of society and industry.
- PO2: An ability to apply the theoretical knowledge of computer science and engineering in simulation, modeling and developing solution to the real world problems.
- PO3: An ability to apply the novel concept and strong analytical knowledge for designing of computing system along with system software and hardware components.
- PO4: An ability to work in multicultural environments and ready to face the challenges in complexity, reliability, reengineering, security and operation.
- PO5: An ability to doing real time projects and presenting desired results, both in research and in advanced engineering.
- PO6: An ability to understand the impact of software solutions and a global and societal context.
- PO7: An ability to identify the impact of software development and improve processes for technical solutions.
- PO8: An ability to apply the modern tool and techniques and computational method in daily software engineering.
- PO9: An ability to develop the new system and deploy the software products faster and helping for automation process.
- PO10: An ability to design advance software, good algorithm thinking, problem solving activities and solid computational approach to quality assurance.
- PO11: An ability to combining modeling and computational approaches to solve theoretical or real world problems.
- PO12: An ability to adapting any relevant area where strong analytical and critical thinking is at premium.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- PSO1: To contribute their technical skills in computing and information technology domains like “Internet of Things”, Application to security, resource management and reliable operation are of particular interest. To compete practically and to provide technical solutions for real world problems and must be able to apply the paradigm of programming languages and open source software in various computing domains.
- PSO2: Devolving in students with the capacity to engage in project management, team work skills and ability to use new technology and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice, data interpretation and visualization, security knowledge, leadership, application based research and evaluation skills and ability to create a vision, flexibility and to adapt to rapid changes.
- PSO3: Devolving in students the fundamental knowledge and skills, especially an academic knowledge base and research and introducing the students to the disciplines of creating and participating in a responsible and effective professional community. Students must be to deal with ambiguity and complexity, innovation, conflict resolution, ownership and accountability.