School of Liberal Arts Back
B.A (Hons.) in Sociology
The program deals with the scientific study of human society, its development, organizations and institutions. Through critical analysis and empirical investigations, students would be able to understand and analyze human social activity, structures and its functions.
|Sociology in India||Basic Concepts in Sociology|
|Social Psychology||Sociology of Gender|
|Rural Sociology||Environment and Sociology|
|Sociological Thinkers||Sociological Research|
|Urban Sociology||Industrial Sociology|
XII with minimum 50% marks in Aggregate
|NGOs||Research, Development and Policy making|
|Public Sector||Corporate Social Responsibility|
|Market Research||Civil Services|
- M1 Time relevant aims at forming a strong base for creating and supporting the analytic and creative thinking along with appropriate outlook.
- M2 Develop critical reflections through non coercive and participatory mode of teaching and learning, along with their practice and development. Avail and acquire appropriate infrastructure for the same.
- M3 Facilitate and encourage members to think globally and act locally along with development of a scientific enquiring mind without losing the human touch.
- M4 Develop distinct methodologies justifying the boundaries of different subjects within the school. Extend the competencies relevant to unique pedagogy which will be developed and put in use to sensitize and respect the plurality of approaches.
Programme Education Objectives
- PEO-1: Graduates will become innovative learner, independent researcher, leadership skills, entrepreneur and a very good human individual.
- PEO-2: Graduates are expected to develop the insight and capacity to design social policies and to bring programme directed social changes
- PEO-3: Graduates would acquire the capacity to understand and interpret the social realities and would prove themselves as a change agent for the open communities, Institutions, and organizations
Program Outcomes (PO)
- PO1: Develop ability to think and relate critically to social problems
- PO2: Develop an analytical mind and relate to current social issues
- PO3: Develop a critical sense of inequality, stratification, exclusion & mobility.
- PO4: Develop ability to have an insight into groups and communities of diverse nature
- PO5: Develop ability to critical understanding of sociological theories, approaches
- PO6: Develop ability to understand the diverse meanings and implication of social phenomena.
- PO7: Develop skills for working with governmental and nongovernmental agencies and organizations.
- PO8: Develop ability to relate people’s life and develop empathy to work with them with purpose and sustainability.
- PO9: Institute the ethics for becoming a competent member of civil society and act meaning fully
- PO10: Develop open-minded and clear approach toward life, career and diversity.
- PO11: Inspire and encourage for relevant future research and review
- PO12: Meaning fully relate to social policy and critically analyse their impact on human social life.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- Demonstrate and develop a critical sociological understanding of social, cultural, political and economic aspects of life with help of the major theoretical paradigms used to study social phenomena
- Demonstrate ability to understand and interpret the impact of liberalization, privatization and globalization on social life