School of Liberal Arts Back
B.A (Hons.) in Political Science
This course aims to provide students with a solid conceptual foundation and thorough understanding of the discipline. Through different courses students will be able to comprehend the nature, distribution and dynamics of power at local, national and international level. It will explore contextual human behavior, philosophies, policy issues, movements leading to the understanding of real world.
|Foundation of Political Science||Colonialism & Nationalism|
|Comparative studies of governments||Western Political Thought|
|Indian Political Thought||Indian Government & Politics|
|International Relations||Foreign Policies of World Powers|
|Modern Political Theory||Public Administration|
|Gender studies||Research Methods|
|Political Sociology||Political Sociology|
XII with minimum 50% marks in best four relevant subjects
For Migration from Other Universities:
1) BA (Hons.) Political Science Ist yr. minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale
2) XII with minimum 50% marks in best four relevant subjects
|Civil Services (UPSC)||Research and Teaching (school /university)|
|Political Commentator||Policy Analyst|
|Social Worker/Activist,||Political Consultant|
|Human Rights Advocate||Politician|
|Public Opinion Analyst|
- M1 Time relevant aims at forming a strong base for creating and supporting the analytic and creative thinking along with appropriate outlook.
- M2 Develop critical reflections through non coercive and participatory mode of teaching and learning, along with their practice and development. Avail and acquire appropriate infrastructure for the same.
- M3 Facilitate and encourage members to think globally and act locally along with development of a scientific enquiring mind without losing the human touch.
- M4 Develop distinct methodologies justifying the boundaries of different subjects within the school. Extend the competencies relevant to unique pedagogy which will be developed and put in use to sensitize and respect the plurality of approaches.
Programme Education Objectives
- PEO-1: The graduates will be able to analyze and compare political concepts to implement political concepts.
- PEO-2: The graduates will develop an ability to work efficiently as leader / team member with a holistic view.
- PEO-3: The graduates will generate a culture of lifelong learning to achieve personal enrichment and professional ethics.
Program Outcomes (PO)
- PO1: Creation of analytical knowledge related to political affairs.
- PO2: Relating philosophical issues in political affairs.
- PO3: Empowering the students to decipher policies and their relevance.
- PO4: Relating political issues as affecting life of the individual, group and society.
- PO5: Facilitate the critical learning, thinking and analysing.
- PO6: Relate theoretical constructs to pragmatic issues.
- PO7: Engage in intellectual discourses in socio-political affairs.
- PO8: Empowering the students professionally to look beyond the political consequences and relate them to human life.
- PO9: Prepare minds for intellectual and positive analysis, both at individual and group platforms.
- PO10: Enhancing the capacity to relate with current affairs and their consequences especially in terms of better socio-political practices.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- Making competent members of civil society and contribute meaningfully to systematic & sustainable welfare related to environmental and cultural practices.
- Preparing vocationally empowered citizens of the country for meaningful participation in political engagements and communications.