School of Electrical, Electronics & Communication Engineering Back
B.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering
About the Program
This program deals with electronics and its application in Communication and Networking and aims to produce engineers with great technical competence to design and fabricate smart electronic systems and appliances to meet social needs.
1) 60% PCM or above at XII level
2) Merit in Qualifying exam, IITJEE, UPSEE etc preferable
For Lateral Entry:
Passed Diploma from AICTE approved institute in appropriate branch of engineering/technology with minimum 60% or 6.0 CGPA
B.Sc degree from a recognized university with at least 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA and passed XIIth standard with Mathematics as a subject.
For Migration from Other Universities:
1) B.E./B.Tech Ist year minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale
2) 65% PCM or above at XII level.
The vision of the Electronics and Communication Engineering Department is to be known globally as a premier department of Electronics and Communication Engineering for value based education and interdisciplinary research for innovation.
- M1: Create a strong foundation on fundamentals of Electronics and Communication Engineering through Outcome Based Learning Teaching (OBLT) Process
- M2: Establish state-of-the-art facilities for design and simulation.
- M3: Provide opportunities to students to work on real world problems and develop sustainable ethical solutions.
- M4: Involve the students in group activities, including those of professional bodies to develop leadership and communication skills.
Programme Education Objectives
- PEO-1: Graduates will demonstrate their professional knowledge in the field of electronics and communication engineering and allied fields.
- PEO-2: The graduates will contribute to interdisciplinary research with the use of modern tools & emerging technologies.
- PEO-3: The graduates will become successful leaders through effective project management and contribute to the growth & development of the organization and society.
- PEO-4: The graduates will be involved in promoting professional and societal activities.
Program Outcomes (PO)
- Engineering Knowledge : Apply the knowledge of Mathematics, Science, and Engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to solution of complex engineering problems
- Problem analysis : Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences
- Design/development of solutions : Design of solutions for complex engineering problems and design of system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate considerations of public health and safety, and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Conduct investigations of complex problems : Use research based methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of information leading to logical conclusions
- Modern tool usage : Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling complex engineering activities with an understanding of limitations
- The engineer and society : Apply reasoning within the contextual knowledge to access societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability : Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in the societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and the need for sustainable developments
- Ethics : Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice
- Individual and team work : Function effectively as an individual independently and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication : Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large such give and receive clear instructions
- Project management and finance : Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering management principles and apply those to one’s own work as a member and leader of a team to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments
- Life-long Learning : Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Electronic System Development: Apply the knowledge of Printed Circuit Board, Electronic Devices and Circuits in developing electronic systems for the real time applications.
- Digital System Design: Competence in designing and analysis of complex electronic digitalsystems (both software and hardware), with proficiency in VLSI and Embedded systems
- IoT Development: Develop Embedded Systems and applications for IoT to contribute towards digital India and Smart City.