- What is the difference between University and college?
Galgotias has two campuses – Campus One and Campus Two. Galgotias University has been established by an act of parliament and is a fully fledged State university and not a deemed university. Galgotias university has full time NRI Professors and faculty from leading universities of the world such as:
- University of Arkansas ( pronounced as AR-KAN-SA )
- Purdue University
- Georgia Tech University
- National University of Singapore
- Oakland University
Galgotias University has a campus which has been designed in Montreal, Canada by the world’ stop professors which have designed high-tech research labs and ultra modern classrooms. Galgotias University has the fully flexible credit system which also gives the student the flexibility he/she may need to develop their thinking quotient.
Galgotias University has also received many grants by the Government of India.
Whereas the college is affiliated to MTU and the admissions are directly from UP Counseling.
- Has Galgotias University received any government Grants?
Department of Science and Technology (DST) Government of India has sanctioned a project entitled “Self-Assembly of Semiconductor Nanostructures for Sensing Applications” to Dr. A.K Jain, Prof. and Dean, School of Basic and Applied Sciences, Department of Chemistry. The total amount sanction is Rs 30.47 Lac under various heads and a sum of Rs. 20.00 Lac has been already received from the DST for financial year 2011-2012. The University has a set up a Nanotechnology lab for the execution of this project. The project aims to utilize the ordered 2D and 3D arrays of nanocrystalline metal clusters as catalysts for growing semiconductors and concentrate on the ordering and self assembly of semiconductor nanogrammewire and nanoneedle. The study will also investigate the physical and chemical properties of aligned semiconductor nanostructure to fabricate test device structures in the form two terminal devices for sensing type applications, and three terminal devices for transistor application.
- What are the major differences between an MBA and MBA (Business Analytics) in association with IBM?
o The MBA (Business Analytics) curriculum was specifically developed in collaboration with IBM to leverage the expertise and technology infrastructure of IBM.
o Several of the courses in the programme will be co-delivered by GU faculty and IBM experts.
o Industry case studies presented by IBM experts will be featured throughout the programme.
o Significant content for courses in Business Analytics developed by IBM experts is made available to students.
o Students in the programme will use cutting edge technology platform by IBM for Business Analytics courses.
o Students in the MBA (Business Analytics) programme will have the option of adding a functional area major (marketing, finance, etc…) thus leading to a dual major of Business Analytics and another in a functional area.
o Given the significant interest in the programme already, admission to the MBA (Business Analytics) programme is likely to be more competitive than the MBA programme.
o There are a limited number of seats in the MBA (Business Analytics) programme.
o Summer internships for the programme will specifically target firms that lead in data analytics.
o MBA (Business Analytics) in association with IBM
- How is the curriculum for the MBA (Business Analytics) in association with IBM different from the MBA programme?
Beginning in the very first semester, students in the MBA (Business Analytics) programme take additional courses in the technology/analytics domain to prepare them for the rigorous application courses in the second year of the programme. The functional area courses in all business areas are common for MBA (Business Analytics) and MBA programme.
- Are the admission requirements for the MBA (Business Analytics) programme in association with IBM different from that of the MBA programme?
No. The same admission criteria apply across both programmes. However, given the fewer number of seats in the MBA (Business Analytics) programme, admission is highly competitive and the cutoff could be significantly higher.
- Are students with undergraduate degrees in Arts, Sciences, Commerce, or other areas all eligible to apply to the MBA (Business Analytics) programme?
Yes, students with bachelor degrees in any of the disciplines can apply to the MBA (Business Analytics) programme in association with IBM. However, upon an analysis of the background students may be required to take remedial courses in quantitative methods to get them up well prepared for the rigorous programme.
- What is the duration of the MBA (Business Analytics) programme in association with IBM?
The programme duration is 2 years.
- What is the tuition fee for the MBA (Business Analytics) programme in association with IBM?
The tuition for the programme is 2 lakhs per year for two years.
- What are the job prospects upon completion of the MBA (Business Analytics) programme in association with IBM?
Touted as one of the fastest growing areas, Data analytics to support business decision making is an area that is expected to see 15% or higher compounded job growth over the next 5 years. Despite the growth in programmes in the area, the gap between supply of graduates and demand for them in the industry is likely to widen in the next several years that will mean that the graduates from the programme will be highly sought after by companies. To name a few firms that have significant emphasis on business data analytics – Amazon, Apple, Citibank, MetLife, ICICI, Infosys, IBM, Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, FedEx, UPS, RBS, HSBC, Siemens, GM, Ford, Chrysler, Honda, and Toyota.
- Is there transportation available to the university, from where and what is the Fee?
Yes, Galgotias University will be providing transportation services from :
- Botanical Garden Metro Station, Noida to Campus Two. - Rs. 20,400/- per annum.
- Campus One to Campus Two - Rs. 8,400/- per annum.
- Which campus will the classes be held?
Galgotias has TWO campuses – CAMPUS ONE AND CAMPUS TWO. Classes will be held on both campuses, however there are high tech research labs and better facilities which are in CAMPUS TWO (UNIVERSITY CAMPUS). Transportation will be provided as a shuttle between the two campuses.
- What are the eligibility criteria for B.Tech Program?
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech Program is:
- XII minimum 75% in PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Maths)
- Merit on Qualifying Exam IIT JEE, AIEEE,UPSEE etc, preferable
(All 2 points mentioned above are compulsory to apply in GU)
- What is the fee Structure of B.Tech (2013-14) program?
Fee Structure for the B.Tech Program is Rs 149,000/- per annum + Exam Fee Rs. 5,000/- per annum + one time security of Rs 5,000/-. Transportation charges will be subsidized and nominal and will be given shortly before you take admission.
- How much seats we have in each branch?
Number of seats will be indicated in due course. However, admissions will be done on merit only.
- What is the placement record in B.Tech?
Galgotias has excellent record of placement. Galgotias has a record for 100% placements for the last five years and the record can be seen on the Website with student’s names. Galgotias has a well established Centralized Training & Placement Cell, which provides structured interface with the corporate world and ensures cent percent placement. Its Corporate Associates includes leading organizations like Infosys, HCL, HDFC, Aditya Birla group, Bajaj Capital, Airtel, Accenture, Ericsson, ICICI, Jindal Steel, Axis Bank, DLF, TCS, L&T, Modi Group, MFG Toyota etc.
The placement procedure for students graduating in 2012 is under process.
Highest Salary Offered
Average Salary Offered
Galgotias University has signed MoU with Infosys Ltd. to work jointly for improving quality of education to produce industry ready professionals through industry led curriculum design especially in the area of Information Technology (IT).
- What is the average & highest package offered to B.Tech students of Galgotias College?
Placement 2012 batch is under process upto July 2012.
49.84 Lacs / annum
10.11 Lacs / annum
Placement detail -2011
- Is scholarship given for first year only or for the entire duration of the B.Tech course?
The continuation of scholarship is subject to the conditions that the student achieves a specified level of academic performance in the 1st& 2nd semester exams.
- Is there any kind of management or NRI quota?
No, Admissions will be given ONLY ON MERIT OF THE CANDIDATE AFTER HE FULFILLS THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA.
- The result of the examination is given semester-wise or after completion of B.Tech program?
The result is announced semester-wise.
- What all documents the person has to carry at the time of Registration?
Please refer to the prospectus which will be available on the University website in due course.
- Do we provide course books to the Students? Is the cost of books is included in the Tuition fees.
There is a well equipped library in the University Campus and students are issued books on every subject. Besides, the faculty also gives notes on important topics which are also available on internet.
- What are the lab facilities provided to the B.Tech Students?
Labs with State of Art facilities are available to facilitate research, experiments and learning designed by professors in top universities in the USA and Singapore. The candidate is most welcome to visit the university and see the labs.
- Does university provide any Industrial Tours?
Industrial and Educational Tours are conducted regularly as per the requirement of the curriculum with companies like Infosys, Moserbayer etc
- Does the university provide any guest faculty?
Yes. But GALGOTIAS UNIVERSITY we will be having FULL TIME Faculty joining us from the top-universities of the world, to name a few: Georgia Tech ,Carnegie Mellon, Purdue University and Howard University (Washington) and many other top universities of USA, Singapore and UK.
- What is the difference between B.Tech and B.Tech Hons.?
If a student devotes extra time and takes additional course load and/or projects specifically prescribed for each programme and have a minimum average CGPA of 7.50 in these courses/projects, he will become eligible for award of Honors Degree.
- What should the candidate do if he/she does not have the scorecard available with him / her & not even available on the internet?
No, to apply in Galgotias University, the candidate must have his 10 and 12 board results. The candidate will not be allowed to fill the form if the result is still awaited.
- If the person is not UP domiciled can he show his UPSEE scorecard?
- Is the B.Tech course possible on Part-time basis also?
Presently it is offered on full time basis
- What about the duration of B.Tech course?
Duration of course is four years
- If the person’s XIIth result is awaited can he/she go for B.Tech course?
No, to apply in GalgotiasUniversity, the candidate must have his 10 and 12 board results. The candidate will not be allowed to fill the form if the result is still awaited.
- If the person has done his XII from distance learning / Open learning / Private, is he eligible to do B.Tech through Galgotias University?
Yes, provided the course is recognized and equivalent to 10+2 examination conducted by CBSE or other recognized Boards
- Can the person go for branch and preference change for B.Tech Course?
Request for Branch change can be considered in the 1st semester subject to merit and availability of seats.
- According to the Government, all the AICTE institutes will give admission to the students who have scored 45% in 12th, so does this rule apply on Galgotias University also?
Eligibility conditions are laid down in the prospectus. Admission will be made on merit, out of the candidates who have applied.
- Is there any possibility for fee transfer between Galgotias University and Galgotias College for B.Tech Course?
- If the student fails in class12 but passes it in the next year with a good pecentage then is he eligible for B.Tech?
Yes, subject to fulfilling of eligibility criteria
- Will the tuition fee change next year?
Fee Structure will remain unchanged in next academic years for the admitted batch of students
- Is it necessary to fulfill both 10th marks and 12th marks criteria for taking admission?
Yes, marks sheet of 10th and 12th both are required.
- The faculties and campus of both Galgotias University and GCET are same for B.Tech Course?
No, Campus of Galgotias University is separate with State of Art facilities for students such as hi-tech research labs , European designed state of the art classrooms , digital library with one of the highest collection of e-books.
- What if the student wants to go for the branch change in the second year?
Request for Branch change is normally considered in 1st year subject to merit and availability of seats.
- If a new branch is added in the Galgotias University from the next year can a student change their branch?
- What about the placement of civil engineering?
Galgotias has excellent record of placement. Galgotias has a record for 100% placements with more than 150+ companies, corporations and MNC’s for the last five years and the record can be seen on the Website with student’s names. Galgotias has a well established Centralized Training & Placement Cell, which provides structured interface with the corporate world and ensures cent percent placement. Its Corporate Associates includes leading organizations like Infosys, HCL, HDFC, Aditya Birla group, Bajaj Capital, Airtel, Accenture, Ericsson, ICICI, Jindal Steel, Axis Bank, DLF, TCS, L&T, Modi Group, MFG Toyota etc.
- Are there any dual degree options available?
- Is B.Tech course AICTE approved as it is a technical course?
As per law, Universities do not require AICTE approval. Only institutions which are affiliated to Universities required approval. As Galgotias University Uttar Pradesh is a Bonafide University established by a State Act, it does not require AICTE approval.
- What are the all branches we provide in B.Tech course?
B.Tech courses are in six branches namely
- B.Tech Computer Science Engineering
- B.Tech Civil Engineering
- B.Tech Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech Electronics & Communication Engineering
- B.Tech Electrical Engineering
- B.Tech Automobile Engineering
- Do we provide Laptops for B.Tech Students?
- Are the diploma holders (lateral entry) eligible to get the admission directin the 2nd year of the course? If yes what is the criteria.
Yes, criteria will be available on the University website in due course
- When does the session for B.Tech (2013-14) starts?
From 1st week of August
- Do we provide scholarship to the meritorious student of Galgotias University? If yes what is the criteria.
Check the given link for Scholarship detail :
- Is there any age criteria for B.Tech?
Normally the students between the age group of 17-25 years take admission
- Is there any maximum duration for completing B.Tech course? If yes how many years.
The student can complete the course in 4+3 years, subject to the provisions of the regulations.
- In which companies, Students of B.Tech are placed?
Galgotias has excellent record of placement. Galgotias has a record for 100% placements in All Branches of Engineering and Management for the last five years and the record can be seen on the Website with student’s names. Galgotias has a well established Centralized Training & Placement Cell, which provides structured interface with the corporate world and ensures cent percent placement. Its Corporate Associates includes leading organizations like Infosys, HCL, HDFC, Aditya Birla group, Bajaj Capital, Airtel, Accenture, Ericsson, ICICI, Jindal Steel, Axis Bank, DLF, TCS, L&T, Modi Group, MFG Toyota etc.