Information about India, Greater Noida
India is a rich mix of various traditions, cultures, rituals, religions, casts, etc. Covering an area of 3.28 million sq km., it is the seventh largest by geographical area, the second most populous country, and the largest democracy in the world.
Capital: New Delhi
Languages: Hindi, English and several State and regional languages
Currency: Indian Rupee INR
Achievements in education
India has a long history in the field of higher education. In ancient times, the country was known to have been home to the oldest formal universities in the world namely Takshila and Nalanda. Other systems that are known to have originated in India are Trigonometry, Calculus, Algebra, the Decimal system and the numerical digit, Zero.
India is a land of many Nobel laureates including:
- Rabindranath Tagore for Literature (first non-European to be conferred the award for literature)
- C. V. Raman for Physics for his work on light diffusion; discovery of Raman effect
- Mother Teresa for Peace
- Amartya Sen for Economics for his contribution to welfare economics
- Kailash Satyarthi for Peace for his Save the Childhood Movement
- Hargobind Khurana shared the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 1968 for his interpretation of the genetic code and its function in protein synthesis
- Subramanyan Chandrasekhar shared the Nobel Prize in Physics 1983 or his theoretical studies of the physical processes of importance to the structure and evolution of the stars.
- Venkatraman Ramakrishnan shared the 2009 Nobel Prize for Chemistry.
Other international achievers of India:
- Vinod Dham, invented Pentium Chip (90% of the today's computers run on it).
- Sabeer Bhatia created Hotmail (Hotmail is the World's First web based free email service).
Facts about achievements of Indians across the world:
- 38% of doctors in USA are Indians.
- 12% scientists in USA are Indians.
- 36% of NASA scientists are Indians.
- 34% of Microsoft employees are Indians.
- 28% of IBM employees are Indians.
- 17% of INTEL scientists are Indians.
- 13% of Xerox employees are Indians.
Indian education has emerged as one of the best and sought after in the world. It offers:
- Affordable education
- Wide choice of programs
- World-class institutions and faculty
- International exposure
- Friendly environment
- Focus of academics on the emerging economies
About Greater Noida
The city of Greater Noida is situated about 50 km from the capital city of New Delhi. It is a well planned, clean urban city with open roads and lush green environment and comes under the purview of the National Capital Region (NCR). Greater Noida has become a hub for educational institutions and big corporates as the city is closely connected to the capital city. The demographics mainly consist of corporates and students providing them a great lifestyle.
The city hosted India’s first ever Formula One Grand Prix in October 2011. Galgotias University is located 0 km from the Formula One track. Greater Noida and Noida are home to numerous shopping malls, parks along with other fun and leisure places.