School of Agriculture Back
It is a four year under graduate bachelor’s degree program, which generally includes agriculture science. Admission to the course is mostly merit based. The objective of the course is to use and improve agricultural productivity.
- Duration-4 Years
The applicant must have done 10+2 in Science or Agriculture with Science or Mathematics. Since India is an agrarian country, this field will never run out of job opportunities. To be honest, qualified professionals are always valued, when it comes to agriculture science.
Agriculture graduates have high scope of employment in government, public and private sectors. Besides, the Agricultural Scientist Recruitment Board (ASRB), ICAR conductswritten examination for recruitment of Scientists in different disciplines of agriculture. The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), Institute of Banking Personnel’s Selection (IBPS), Ministry of Finance, Government of India conduct every year written examination for recruitment of Agriculture Finance Officer (AFO) to be posted in different Nationalized Banks.
After completion of B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture program, students can also opt for higher education viz, Masters in Agriculture with specialization in horticulture, agronomy, soil science, plantpathology, entomology, and plant breeding.They can also pursue MBA in rural management, risk management, agri-business management.
The School of Agriculture empowers its diverse faculties and staff to innovate, discover and push the frontiers of knowledge to address agriculture based research and education needs, inspire students and improve the lives of people in National Capital Region and The Nation.
The School of Agriculture aims to promote agricultural, environmental and social sustainability through research, teaching and public engagement to meet the challenges of Global change in the 21st century.
Programme Education Objectives
- PEO1 The graduates will be able to analyze and optimise agriculture concepts.
- PEO2 The graduates will develop an ability to work efficiently as leader with a holistic approach.
- PEO3 The graduates will generate a culture of lifelong learning to achieve personal enrichment and professional ethics.
- PEO4 The graduates will be able to evaluate, analyze and optimise agriculture based design and development.
- PEO5 The graduates will generate a culture of lifelong learning in an inclined environment to achieve personal enrichment and professional ethics.
Program Outcomes (PO)
- PO1 Provide systematic knowledge of theory and practical.
- PO2 It empowers students with knowledge related to agriculture resource management.
- PO3 Learn and understand the various aspects of agriculture.
- PO4 Develop awareness of good practices for sustainable agriculture and its management.
- PO5 Preparation for quality review and development of leadership skills for career and employability.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- PSO1 Providing quality education which ensures betterment of farming community through policy and planning for agriculture.
- PSO2 Embellish the students with specialization in Agricultural Economics to meet the rising market demand particularly in government, private, academic and banking sectors for graduates with specialisation in Agricultural Economics and for utilizing opportunities to take up overseas studies.